Court is held at 10 AM Tuesday morning and 6 PM Thursday evening. Contact the Court Clerks for specific court dates on pending cases.
- Fines cannot be paid with the initial ticket or with the Plea Authorization form.
- The Court cannot accept payments over the phone. No personal checks. US funds only.
- Fines may be paid in person during office hours with exact cash, credit card, or money order. Fines can be mailed in with certified check or money order.
- Fines may be made through NCourt at www.StaffordNYCourtPmts.com, or by phone at 585-815-1399 Note: a fee of 2.99% to 6.99% is charged by NCourt on all charge transactions.
I Received a Traffic Ticket, what do I do?
You must complete the right side of the ticket pleading guilty or not guilty and return it to this court by the date noted on the lower left side.
- If you plead guilty you will receive a fine notice in the mail.
- If you plead not guilty we will forward your ticket to the Town Prosecutor who will be contacting you by mail. If you receive a plea offer you must “accept” or “reject” it, sign it and return it to this court.
- Once you have accepted and returned the form, you will receive a fine notice by mail.
- If you “reject” the plea – you will be scheduled an appearance. This requires an appearance by you or a legal representative on your behalf.
Robert A. Penepent
NOTE: Due to the volume of calls, it is very difficult for court staff to return messages. You must call back as the other Town Hall staff are not trained to assist with court matters.
8903 Route 237
PO BOX 808
Stafford, NY 14143
COURT HOUSE HOURS
Monday – Wednesday: 9 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday: 9 AM to 7 PM
Friday: 9 AM to 3 PM
Please be patient as this process can take some time. However, it is your responsibility to see that your ticket is resolved.
Direction from Rochester NY
Take 490W to the Batavia exit 3. (Rt. 33). Drive 7.1 miles west on Rt. 33. Turn left at flashing light onto Rt. 237. Drive 3.3 miles. Town Hall is on the left.
Directions from Buffalo, NY
Thruway route 90 East to Batavia Exit #48. Turn left onto route 98 thru 3 lights south. Turn left onto Route 5, go 6 miles east to four corners of Stafford, Route 237. Turn left, Court is 500 feet north on the right side of Route 237.